Human Resource Management
There are many firms without money, but no firm exists without people, making human resource management crucial for any manager. Business find themselves in an ever increasing dynamic and complex world. Furthermore, with new markets are opening up across the globe, firms are finding themselves with new challenges. Moreover, not only do they need more people, but they need people with the right skill set, people who are able to work in international business environments, who are sensitive to cultural diversity and who are open to new ways of working. As a result, by successfully managing your human resources, you will ensure a sustained competitive advantage for your business.
This course will teach you about the different roles of human resource management. You will learn how to find the right staff for your business and how you can develop their skill set to meet your future needs. Moreover, top managers need the right compensation, something that is increasingly challenging in the global business environment. Above all, you will gain insights into a variety of governance structures that will help your firm outperform the rest.
- understand how human resource management relates to corporate strategy as well as demonstrate how HR systems support the firm’s business strategy
- understand how business strategy, competition, labour markets, technology, unions, and government regulations affect HR decisions
- develop human resource strategies that lead to sustained competitive advantage
- analyze HR issues and similarly develop the ability to think about the tradeoffs involved in HR decisions
- appreciate how the interdependencies between HR policies create HR systems where “the whole is greater than the sum of the parts”
- understand the role of human resource management in an international context
- think “out of the box” and above all, become proficient in case analysis and discussion
- develop team working skills, intercultural skills, presentation skills as well as communication skills
- Managing Workflows
- Staffing – Recruiting/Selecting/Downsizing
- Development -Appraising Performance/Training/Developing Careers
- Governance – Employee Relations/Managing Discipline/Labour Relations